Chiropractic care reduces spinal nerve stress and promotes overall health. The holistic maintenance of the spinal column, related nerves, discs, and bone geometry encourages pregnancy wellness. Our staff at Element Chiropractic provides high-quality chiropractic care for expecting mothers.
Physical Changes During Pregnancy
Physiological and endocrinological changes take place in pregnant women. A chiropractor uses natural methods and means to prepare an ideal environment for a developing baby.
The changes that result in a misaligned spine or joints are:
- Establishing pelvic alignment and balance requires chiropractic care
- Pelvis misalignment puts restrictions on the amount of room a growing baby has
- A misaligned pelvis can lead to the inability of the baby to get in the best position for a natural delivery
- An aligned spine assists the entire body is working more efficiently and effectively.
- Avoiding evasive c-sections and promoting natural, non-invasive delivers is a chiropractor’s purpose when treating pregnant women
- A protruding stomach that increases the back curve
Benefits of Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Chiropractors offer more than physiotherapy after a sports injury.
The benefits of holistic treatment for pregnant women include:
- Many accept nausea as part of pregnancy. Prenatal care controls the systems of nausea.
- Relieving back, joint, and neck pain without medication is a must when pregnant.
- An overall healthier pregnancy is priceless.
- Preventing C-sections are part of a chiropractor’s role in pregnancy.
- Reducing the time and complication during labor and delivery is a plus for mother and baby.
Concentrating on Chiropractors and Breech Deliveries
balance in the pelvis reduces the stress of the uterus and their
supporting ligaments. Specific analysis and adjustment for
chiropractors is part of the treatment of pregnant women.
The approach, known as the Webster Technique, balances the position of the pelvis to allow for the best fetal positioning.
During the third trimester is when a breach becomes a concern. It happens around the 37th week. About 4% of all pregnancies result in a breach. The success rate of a baby turning in the correct direction is 82% when a chiropractor utilizes the Webster Technique.
Even up to month 8, the natural prenatal treatment benefits the mother and child.
Babies have the greatest opportunity to move into the right position for birth while reducing the chance of crisis when the pelvis is balanced.
Diminishing the chances of Dystocia, or difficult labor is also part of visiting a chiropractor during pregnancy.
Element Chiropractic in Huntersville, North Carolina
Element Chiropractic serves the Huntersville and the surrounding areas. We strive to focus on you as an individual. Providing quality care and education, we optimize your control for pregnancy and overall wellness. You can call us at 704-800-4540 to schedule an appointment today!